You’ve seen the Pet Partner animal therapy teams in action in Las Vegas. Have you ever considered being a part of this amazing volunteer opportunity?
To become a Pet Partner registered therapy team with your pet, and volunteer with the Las Vegas affiliate team, Love Dog Adventures, there are five easy steps:
- Attend a FREE Pet Partner Orientation with the Las Vegas Instructor/Evaluator to learn all about the requirements and training opportunities.
- Attend the Pet Partner Handler Workshop, which is an all-day class for Handlers without their animals to learn how to work with a broad range of clients in the public and Pet Partners’ policies and procedures.
- Take positive training classes with your pet, preferably with someone familiar with the Pet Partner Program. When choosing a training class, ask the trainer if she/he is familiar with the very specific requirements of the Pet Partner therapy program as it differs from other therapy testing organizations and you want to be prepared with the proper training.
- Schedule your Pet Partner Evaluation which tests the Handler and Animals on skills as well as aptitude.
- Upon passing, register and volunteer with the Pet Partner Affiliate Therapy Program in Las Vegas, Love Dog Adventures. And remember Pet Partners is not just for dogs – cats are welcome as well if they pass the test!
- The next Free Orientation will be held on Wednesday, October 29 at 4:00 pm in Summerlin. If you would like to attend with or without your pet, contact email@example.com to register – space is limited.
- The next Handler Workshop in Las Vegas will be Saturday, January 17. 2015.