The search is on!
Love Dog Adventures (www.lovedogadventures.org), the animal-assisted therapy program in Las Vegas, is searching for qualified handlers and dogs to win a scholarship generously funded by The Glenn Group.
Do you and your dog have what it takes to become part of the Love Dog team? Just a bit of what we look for in Love Dog therapy teams includes:
- You and your pet’s reactions to unfamiliar surroundings and people
- Is your pet confident in new circumstances rather than nervous or fearful?
- Is your dog comfortable on a loose leash or does he tug on the leash or try to jump on people or other animals?
- Does your pet react calmly to sudden or loud noises?
- Does your dog consistently obey your commands such as sit, down,. stay and leave it?
- Is your pet friendly in a steady, quiet, calm manner rather than excited?
- Can your pet be relied upon to not vocalize when a stranger or another animal approaches?
- Does your dog not only tolerate but thoroughly enjoy the human touch?
- Do you have the time to commit to volunteering?
To learn more about the Love Dog / Pet Partner program and to investigate the scholarship opportunities, contact email@example.com.
The next Free Orientation will be held in Summerlin on Sunday, August 16 at 12:00 – 1:00 pm. You must Register as space is limited and then the location will be shared.
Celebrate the human-animal bond by sharing your pet with others and contributing to the healing power of the pets