Have you ever considered becoming an animal-assisted therapy team with your dog? Now is your chance to see if you and your pet have what it takes to move on to becoming a registered therapy team.
Love Dog Adventures (www.lovedogadventures.org) animal therapy program is an affiliate of the national Pet Partners (www.petpartners.org) organization. All of our handlers and animals have been trained and evaluated by a licensed Pet Partner instructor and evaluator and serve the community in a broad variety of ways.
We are offering a Free Orientation to learn more about the program on Sunday, November 1 in Summerlin.
Space is limited to if you wish to register to attend with or without your dog contact Sue@lovedogadventures.org and the location will be provided. The time will also be shared once we know how many are attending as there will be several sessions.
To begin your Love Dog “Adventure” ask yourself these few questions:
- Does my animal have a genuine interest in meeting new people in a calm, predictable manner?
- Does my animal have a consistent temperament under any circumstances?
- Is my animal natural with his interactions with people and other animals?
- Is my animal comfortable around loud noises, new experiences, places he has never been?
- Is my animal patient, consistent, loving without being excited?
- Do I have the communication skills and desire to work with the public
- Do I have the time to commit to a volunteer activity?
- Am I confident in my ability to be proactive with my animal’s behavior, not reactive?
- Am I in tune with my animal’s stress signals and behaviors?
You can follow the Love Dog therapy team on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Love-Dog-Adventures-619523368178529/