WHAT SETS PET PARTNERS APART FROM OTHER THERAPY PROGRAMS:
When considering which therapy program to pursue, consider these benefits of Pet Partners / Love Dogs:
- Pet Partners is nationally recognized and welcomed in all 50 states.
- Exceptional handler preparation with course work for the human end of the leash.
- Pre-evaluation shadowing and post-evaluation mentoring by experienced Love Dog handlers to fully understand what is expected in different environments with differing populations.
- Large versus small dog handling skills perfected.
- Testing conducted in a location handler and dog have never been with volunteers (including at least one male) new to the team, to closely simulate actual volunteering experience.
- Importance of role playing a broad range of activities and interacting with different populations during evaluation.
- Ongoing education courses available to all Pet Partners therapy teams such as Canine Body Language, working with Veterans, understanding how to work with people with Alzheimers and those living with autism.
- Handler Workshop conducted by Pet Partners licensed Instructor with years of personal hands-on experience volunteering in the field.
- Programming unique to Love Dogs to best serve the community.
- Training required to become licensed Instructors and/or Evaluators far surpasses other programs – consider who is testing you?
- Learning the difference between Animal Assisted Activity (AAA), Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) and Animal Assisted Interactions (AAI)
- Re-tests handler and animal every two years to insure safety
- Registers animals other than canines, including horses, cats, pocket pets etc.
- Higher standard of excellence
- Liability coverage on the Handler and Animal and Client – $2 million per and $5 million aggregate